Our 2019 event will be held at the Dorchester Collection’s Le Meurice, “Hotel of Kings”, in its Salon Pompadour, pictured above.
This magical ballroom has been classified as a place of cultural heritage. Musical instruments adorn the ceiling in honour of Marquise de Pompadour who was the patron of arts and music and the history of this room reflects the legacy of splendour and art at Le Meurice. This is where Picasso celebrated his wedding to the Russian ballet dancer, Olga Khokhlova.
Accommodation @ Le Meurice
An exclusive Le Meurice CLE Paris accommodation package is available to delegates for the period 2 January 2019 to 6 January 2019.
Subject to availability, delegates will pay 380 Euro per night for a Superior Room instead of 1,100 Euro (king or twin bedded, for two people maximum). Extended stays are available at the special rate, also subject to availability. For more information, or to make a reservation, please contact us.
Michelin Star Lunches
Join us in Salon Tuileries at Le Meurice where we will enjoy three-course lunches prepared under the supervision of the Le Meurice team of Michelin star chefs, Alain Ducasse and Jocelyn Herland.
Every year, CLE Paris arranges private visits for our delegates to places of legal significance.
In 2019, we will be visiting:
- the Musée de la Préfecture de Police; and
- the Musée de la Contrefaçon.
In addition, which is now a tradition of CLE Paris, we will be repeating our “Law Professors’ Tour” – which is a tour of the Pantheon, led by Professors Gerard Carney and Pascale Bloch, to hear the stories of the great French lawyers who have passed before us.
We hope you will join us.
Previously, we have visited:
- Council of State (Counsel d’Etat – Palais Royal)
- Court of Appeal of Paris (Cour d’appel de Paris – Palais de Justice)
- National Archives Paris (Archives Nationales Paris)
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University (Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne) – Law School and Law Library
- French Senate at the Palais du Luxemburg
- The old Sorbonne – established in the 13th century, it is one of the world’s oldest university sites.
- French Parliament (Assemblée Nationale);
- The ICC International Court of Arbitration.